ACVL/HPAC
Association Canadienne de Vol Libre
Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association of Canada

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs 
 ProfilProfil   Forum SubscriptionsForum Subscriptions   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

New Website Sneak Preview

Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    ACVL/HPAC Index du Forum -> AGA 2017 - Assemblée Générale Annuelle
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Margit Nance
HPAC/ACVL Member
MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 08, 2017 02:58 pm    Sujet du message: New Website Sneak Preview Répondre en citant

HPAC's new website:

HPAC is happy to provide a sneak preview of our new website (still a work in progress and more content will be coming); here are some key points before inspecting the site:

- it will consist of a front end on WordPress and a back end data management system on a state-of-the-art Ruby-on-Rails application;
- the front end information on the new site is almost entirely newly written content, reflecting the information needs of pilots, instructors, landowners and the general public;
- while the French language acvl site is in parallel preparation, only the English was ready in beta format in time for this 2017 Annual General Meeting (thank you to our francophone members for your understanding);
- please try the site on all different devices at your disposal;
- please send all specific questions/comments of a structural nature to me at admin@hpac.ca and we will address them.
Enjoy!

Here is the link: www.hpac.ca/beta

Margit Nance
HPAC Executive Director

Dernière édition par Margit Nance le Sam Sep 09, 2017 09:47 am; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Gilles Normandeau
HPAC/ACVL Member
MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 08, 2017 07:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Correction, the link should be: www.hpac.ca/beta
Trevor Mead-Robins
HPAC/ACVL Member
MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 12, 2017 09:00 pm    Sujet du message: Responsive new HPAC site Répondre en citant

Nice to see the beta site is responsive (renders on mobile devices).
Look forward to the release. Congratulations on getting this done.
http://hpac.ca/beta
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Jimmy Giroux
Invité
MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 14, 2017 05:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I find it a bit cold! like entering in a hospital( sorry just my initial feeling) and not really attracting people to go further in their quest for information about paragliding and starting to press on links and not enough hooking, capturing attention...

but again just my opinion and opinions are all different... I did not test on my phone yet
Meldan Kutertan
HPAC/ACVL Member
MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 15, 2017 08:16 am    Sujet du message: The new website Répondre en citant

I am sure there has been put many hours in creating the new website. Thank you for your efforts. Could it be possible to make the menu letters larger so that they capture the attention of information provided?
Jeff Levack
HPAC/ACVL Member
MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 16, 2017 08:03 am    Sujet du message: Getting back to home page Répondre en citant

Once I navigated away from the home page there was nothing I could click to get back to it. (Chrome on a Mac).
Margit Nance
HPAC/ACVL Member
MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 16, 2017 12:27 pm    Sujet du message: click on logo Répondre en citant

Jeff, click on the logo on top left and that should take you back to homepage. It was also suggested that this "return home" feature could be made a little more obvious so people know exactly how to get back there in one click.

This is good feedback, Jeff. Thanks.
Jeff Levack
HPAC/ACVL Member
MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 16, 2017 12:32 pm    Sujet du message: Re: click on logo Répondre en citant

Margit Nance a écrit:
click on the logo on top left and that should take you back to homepage.

Margit - clicking on the logo does not work for me.
Margit Nance
HPAC/ACVL Member
MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 16, 2017 04:04 pm    Sujet du message: You are right Répondre en citant

Jeff, you are right. It doesn't work for me now either. Will look into it. As I said, a work in progress...but we are getting there...and easily getting back to the home page is important. Thanks.
Margit
Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    ACVL/HPAC Index du Forum -> AGA 2017 - Assemblée Générale Annuelle Toutes les heures sont au format GMT-6 heures: CST/MDT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: